Administrative Discharge Hearings Lawyer

The type of discharge you receive from the military can profoundly affect your life. If your discharge was anything less than honorable, those effects can be profoundly negative.

An Other Than Honorable (OTH), Bad Conduct (BCD) or dishonorable discharge can result in the loss of your service-related benefits, including Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, separation/severance pay, and/or college tuition for which you were eligible under the GI Bill. Your discharge can also have negative effects on your civilian job opportunities.

If you are being administratively separated from the military for any reason, the Law Offices of David P. Sheldon, in Washington, D.C., can fight to obtain the best outcome for you, whether that is retention in your service or separation with an honorable or general discharge.

Our law office represents U.S. Military clients across the country and in foreign lands. For more information or a free consultation with an experienced military defense lawyer, contact us online or by calling 202-546-9575 or 202-546-9575 toll free.

Working Worldwide National Administrative Discharge Hearings Attorney

In an administrative separation, you have the right to an Administrative Discharge Board if you have been on active duty for at least six years OR if your command is seeking to separate you with an other than honorable (OTH) discharge.

Retain our administrative discharge lawyer, David P. Sheldon, and he will review your case, explain your options to you and represent you before the Administrative Discharge Board (ADB).

In representing your side of the case, he can:

  • Investigate the command's case. To challenge the discharge, you need complete information about the command's case. Mr. Sheldon will determine the facts and arguments that were the basis of the command's decision and find out where its case is weak or unfounded.
  • Collect evidence and call witnesses on your behalf. The success of your discharge challenge depends on gathering complete evidence — especially documents, photographs and testimony that the command has overlooked. Mr. Sheldon will identify the material and call the witnesses that can strengthen your case.
  • Cross-examine government witnesses. Damaging testimony by government witnesses often tells only part of the story. An effective cross-examination of government witnesses is critical to exposing the facts that support your challenge and showing the weaknesses in the command's case. Mr. Sheldon knows the right questions to ask to show your record in the best possible light.
  • Prepare you to make a statement to the board. Your statement to the board provides your best opportunity to set the record straight. You will need strong guidance to be sure your statement focuses on the most important facts that support your challenge. Mr. Sheldon will help you make a statement that presents the key facts — and prepare you to deliver your statement in the most effective way.
  • Appeal adverse decisions. If the ADB rules against you, you have the right to appeal an adverse decision to the command level. If your case is strong, Mr. Sheldon will fight for your appeal.

Adept Discharge Hearing Representation | The Law Offices of David P. Sheldon | Free Consultation

If you are deployed in a foreign country or are far from your home base, Mr. Sheldon can file your necessary paperwork and represent you in your absence.

For more information or a free consultation with an experienced military defense lawyer, contact us online or by calling 202-546-9575 or 202-546-9575 toll free.